Quality Learning for Every Child, Every Day
The Oak Park School District, in partnership with all stakeholders, will educate today's students for tomorrow's world.
District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Oak Park School District is to provide quality education in which we respect students' individual and cultural differences, educate all students to meet or exceed the district's academic standards, and ensure that they possess the life skills necessary to become lifelong learners and productive citizens.
The Oak Park School District Goals For Success:
- Raise achievement of all students by providing a variety of learning opportunities to meet their needs, while ensuring graduation from high school, and career and college readiness.
- Improve health and wellness of students and staff.
- Provide a clean, healthy, and safe learning environment for all students and staff.
- Promote innovation which focuses on best practices and quality efforts that meet the needs of today's students.
- Recruit, develop, retain, and recognize high performing and diverse staff, to effectively meet and challenge the diverse needs of today's students.
- Build strong partnerships with parents, business, community, and faith-based organizations to raise and maintain high standards of academic, athletic, and fine and performing arts excellence.
Oak Park, "The Family City," is located in the metropolitan Detroit area. Many have been attracted to this well-planned city because of its efficient government and its fully committed school system. The Oak Park School district is known for the quality of its teachers, staff, and educational programs. Many of our graduates attend institutions of higher learning all over the nation. The District is home to approximately 3,300 students from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds. OPSD is comprised of three K-6 elementary buildings, one 7th - 9th Grade Academy, one 10th - 12 th grade High School, and an Alternative Education Center for ages 16-19.