Quality Learning for Every Student, Every Day
The Oak Park School District will function as a professional learning community with Data Teams as its’ focus to ensure quality learning for all students every day.
District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Oak Park School District is to provide quality education in which we respect students’ individual and cultural differences, educate all students to meet or exceed the district’s academic standards, and ensure that they possess college and career readiness skills necessary to become lifelong learners and productive citizens.
We will intentionally engage in positive, authentic, caring relationships that nurture a growth mindset to foster students’ resilience and long-term achievement.
We will intentionally provide all students with high quality instruction.
We will intentionally cultivate a culture of collaboration with on-going professional learning to continuously improve our practices.
We will intentionally provide a safe and supportive learning environment that embraces diversity
The Oak Park School District Goals For Success:
- Raise achievement of all students by providing a variety of learning opportunities to meet their needs, while ensuring graduation from high school, and career and college readiness.
- Improve health and wellness of students and staff.
- Provide a clean, healthy, and safe learning environment for all students and staff.
- Promote innovation which focuses on best practices and quality efforts that meet the needs of today's students.
- Recruit, develop, retain, and recognize high performing and diverse staff, to effectively meet and challenge the diverse needs of today's students.
- Build strong partnerships with parents, business, community, and faith-based organizations to raise and maintain high standards of academic, athletic, and fine and performing arts excellence.
Oak Park, "The Family City," is located in the metropolitan Detroit area. Many have been attracted to this unique city because of its efficient government and its fully committed school system. The Oak Park School District (OPSD) is known for the quality of its' administrators, teachers, support staff, collaborative partners, and educational programs. Many of our graduates attend institutions of higher learning all over the nation. The District is home to approximately 4,400 students from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds. OPSD is comprised of three elementary schools, with one of them offering head start and pre-school opportunities (Einstein Elementary K-6; Key Elementary Pre-K - 6; and Pepper Elementary K - 6); one middle school (Oak Park Preparatory Academy 7th and 8th grade); one exclusive 9th grade academy in its' own building (Oak Park Freshman Institute); the high school (Oak Park High School 10th - 12th grades); a non-traditional setting for students who need strict discipline (NOVA Discipline Academy ages 8 - 16 or 3rd - 11th grades); and an alternative placement where you can earn a high school diploma and vocational training (Oak Park Alternative Education Center ages 16 - 19). We also offer a variety of virtual learning opportunities. Oak Park is the place to be! In Oak Park, we believe all children can learn! We believe every child deserves a quality learning experience! We pride ourselves on making a difference in the lives of every student enrolled in the district!