Division of Curriculum and Instruction
Executive Director of Curriculum & Title Programs
Oak Park School District (Administation Office) 13900 Granzon, Oak Park,MI. 48237
Tel. (248) 336-7712
Fax (248) 336-7738
GREAT SCHOOLS - GREAT PROGRAMS - GREAT FAMILY COMMUNITY
The Oak Park School district is dedicated to providing all students Pre-K-12 with a comprehensive curriculum aligned to the states benchmarks and standards. The district has developed an Elementary Education Program that is child-centered with teaching and learning guided by our district’s early childhood philosophy.
- Specials including Foreign Language, Music, Art, Physical Education and Technology
- Community Service and Safety Patrol
- Developmental Early Childhood Programs
Our Middle School is a time for exploration where students work with teams of teachers who plan activities to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- Rigorous Core Curriculum
- Elective Courses including Instrumental & Vocal, Music, Band, Technology, Art
- Community Service
- National Junior Honor Society
Oak Park High School Freshman Institute
This is an exclusive 9th grade academy where climate and culture support learning and rigorous instruction.
- All students receive their own wireless laptop computer with digital resources to enhance learning
- Our Academic Program is aligned with the Michigan Curriculum Framework
- Support for all learners, including tutoring, mentors and extended learning time
- Full range of high school sports and fine arts
- Small learning communities in its own separate building
Oak Park High School
Oak Park High School prepares students for the challenges of the future, with grade requirements that focus on relevance, rigor, and relationships.
NOVA Discipline Academy – Ages 8-15
This is an alternative school for students who struggle in the traditional setting. NOVA offers students an opportunity to succeed using non-traditional strategies to teach the core curriculum.
Oak Park Alternative Education Center – Ages 16-19
This alternative high school program is geared to providing students with both online and direct instruction to finish their high school education. The school is set up to have students work in state aligned academic programs plus choose a trade to diversity their studies.
FILES - FOLDERS- LINKS
Teacher Resource Sites:
MEAP Tips for Parents
In effort to help improve your son/daughter MEAP scores. OPSD is providing you with some helpful tips and tricks on preparing for the MEAP.