Executive Director of Curriculum & Title Programs
Oak Park School District (Administation Office) 13900 Granzon, Oak Park,MI. 48237
Tel. (248) 336-7712
Fax (248) 336-7738
GREAT SCHOOLS - GREAT PROGRAMS - GREAT FAMILY COMMUNITY
The Oak Park School district is dedicated to providing all students Pre-K-12 with a comprehensive curriculum aligned to the states benchmarks and standards. The district has developed an Elementary Education Program that is child-centered with teaching and learning guided by our district’s early childhood philosophy.
- Specials including Foreign Language, Music, Art, Physical Education and Technology
- Community Service and Safety Patrol
- Developmental Early Childhood Programs
Our Middle School is a time for exploration where students work with teams of teachers who plan activities to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- Rigorous Core Curriculum
- Elective Courses including Instrumental & Vocal, Music, Band, Technology, Art
- Community Service
- National Junior Honor Society
Oak Park High School Freshman Institute
This is an exclusive 9th grade academy where climate and culture support learning and rigorous instruction.
- All students receive their own wireless laptop computer with digital resources to enhance learning
- Our Academic Program is aligned with the Michigan Curriculum Framework
- Support for all learners, including tutoring, mentors and extended learning time
- Full range of high school sports and fine arts
- Small learning communities in its own separate building
Oak Park High School
Oak Park High School prepares students for the challenges of the future, with grade requirements that focus on relevance, rigor, and relationships.
- Career Academies (Human & Business Services, Media, Arts & Communication; and Science, Technology, Engineering, Math & Medicine)
- All Career Academy Courses aligned with the Michigan Merit Curriculum
- Advanced Placement
- North Central Accreditation
- Marching Band, Choir, Instrumental Program
- OSTC Vocational Training
- Dual Enrollment
- Robotics, Drama, Digital Design
- Community Partnerships
NOVA Discipline Academy – Ages 8-15
This is an alternative school for students who struggle in the traditional setting. NOVA offers students an opportunity to succeed using non-traditional strategies to teach the core curriculum.
- Each student has his/her own educational career pathway
- Instruction is individualized based on student assessments, socially and academically
- Students are provided traditional and computer based instruction to advance them to grade level.
- Students are provided out of class learning opportunities (jobs, field trips, community service).
Oak Park Alternative Education Center – Ages 16-19
This alternative high school program is geared to providing students with both online and direct instruction to finish their high school education. The school is set up to have students work in state aligned academic programs plus choose a trade to diversity their studies.
- Mentors and Counselors to Assist in Keeping Students on Track Academically
- State of the Art Trades (Medical Office Assistant, Building Trades, Manicuring/Nail Technician, Hair Culture, Culinary Arts, Music, Video Production and Computer Repair)
- Small Class Size
- Individualized Graduation Plans
Grading and Reporting Practices Communication:
This document contains information on how students are graded, as well as opportunities for makeups and re-dos.
Click here to download
Five Year Curriculum Plan:
This document contains our 2014-2019 Curriculum Plan.Click Here to download
FILES - FOLDERS- LINKS
Teacher Resource Sites:
MEAP Tips for Parents
In effort to help improve your son/daughter MEAP scores. OPSD is providing you with some helpful tips and tricks on preparing for the MEAP.