OPHS Counselor's Corner
Oak Park High school counselors are committed to servicing students to become empowered to be self motivated and reliant.
-->Senior Exit Survey<--
HBS Academy Counselor & OTSC Coordinator
248-336-7740 x 2710<?xml:namespace prefix = o />
STEM2 Academy Counselor & College/Career Coordinator
MAC Academy Counselor & CASA Coordinator
Seniors and parents are encouraged to join the loop for college and scholarship information.
Course Selections for Fall 2013
Fall Scheduling for 2012/13 school year will take place March 27-29 in the Media Center during the Language Arts hour. All students have received and reviewed their transcripts, checklist, and a fall schedule form with their counselors.
Information for Seniors
Important Senior dates:
October 10 Senior Status Check & Senior Parent Meeting at OPHS Auditorium 6pm
October 15 Michigan State Campus Visit
October 18 OCC recruitment at OPHS
October 19 University of Toledo at OPHS
October 22 University of Michigan-Flint at OPHS
October 23 Bowling Green at OPHS
October 26 Bowling Green campus visit
October 29 Eastern Michigan campus visit
October 30 Grand Valley State campus visit
November 5 Parent Teacher Conferences & Report Card Distribution
November 7 University of Michigan-Dearborn at OPHS
November 13 Saginaw Valley State at OPHS
November 15 College Palooza at OPHS 5:30 pm-8:00 pm
November 19 Oakland University campus visit
December 11 Progress Report
January 17 Semester Exams (1st-3rd period); 1/2 day dismisal 11:08am
January 18 Semester Exams (4th-6th period); 1/2 day dismissal at 11:08am
January 23 Report Card Distribution (Semester I)
March 15 Parent Teacher Conferences & Report Card Distribution
May 30 Senior Final Exams
May 31 Senior Prom
June 5 Honor Convocation
June 8 Senior Graduation
Important Notes for Seniors:
- May 30, 2013 is the date of Senior exams. Seniors must have all classes completed by this date. This also includes all e2020 courses and any community service hours.
- Only Seniors who have completed all graduation requirements will be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony. Click here to review Oak Park High School’s graduation requirements.
- Seniors must have paid all Senior Dues to participate in the Graduation Ceremony. Please contact Mrs. Polley (ext 2733) for Senior Dues payment information.
- Seniors are to forward all acceptance and scholarship award letters to their counselor prior to graduation.
Michigan College & University Directory:
Historically Black College & University Directory:
Financial Aid & Scholarships (See your counselor for additional applications):
www.fafsa.ed.gov – Free Application for Federal Student Aid (ALL SENIORS MUST APPLY BEGINNING IN JANUARY OF THEIR SENIOR YEAR)
www.zinch.com – Scholarship Information & Database
www.fastweb.com – Free scholarship program search engine
http://equity.psu.edu/ub/pdf/scholarship_links.pdf - Links to multiple scholarship programs
http://www.myblackinfo.com/minorityscholarship.html - Links to multiple minority scholarship programs
Off Campus Learning Opportunities
Oakland Schools Technical Campus (OSTC)
The campuses provide practical career technical education to high school students in Oakland County schools. Enrolled students spend part of their day studying at their home district and the other part actively involved in one of several career clusters.
Please see Ms. Smith-Davis for an application or if you have any questions.
Center for the Advanced Studies & the Arts (CASA)
The Center for Advanced Studies and the Arts provides an enriched learning environment for academically and artistically talented students. CASA is a six-school consortium. Students from Berkley, Clawson, Ferndale, Lamphere, Madison, and Oak Park High Schools attend CASA in the afternoon, taking Advanced Placement, world language, and fine arts courses.
Please see Mr. Botos for an application of if you have any questions.
Deadline for CASA applications is May 1, 2013
Summer Learning Opportunities
- GEAR UP Program through Oakland University - http://www.oakland.edu/?id=6861&sid=203
- Lawrence Tech college - http://www.ltu.edu/community_k12/summer_camps.asp
- Michigan State University - http://spartanyouth.msu.edu/
- University of Michigan - http://www.umich.edu/summer_prog.php
- Wayne State University: http://k-12.wayne.edu
- March 5 - ACT Plus Writing®
- March 6 - WorkKeys® Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information
- March 7 - Michigan Mathematics, Michigan Science, and Michigan Social Studies
- March 19 - ACT Plus Writing®
- March 20 - WorkKeys® Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information
- March 21 - Michigan Mathematics, Michigan Science, and Michigan Social Studies
|2012-2013 Academy Course Selection Sheet.pdf||133.93 KB|
|OPHS Graduation Requirements Checklist.pdf||166.18 KB|
|College Palooza Flyer.doc||138 KB|
|Scholarships and Links.docx||15.51 KB|