Feed Our Kids : Oak Park Schools Meal Distribution
Gleaners Food Bank & Food Distribution
Gleaners Partnership: Free Food Distribution
Oak Park Schools and Gleaners are partnering to help our community during this urgent time of need. We want to ensure all families wishing to receive meals can do so. Families and individuals in need of food are encouraged to attend a drive-up food distribution provided by Gleaners Community Food Bank at Oak Park High School.
- 30 lbs. of groceries
- Drive-up or Walk-up
- No appointment needed
- Increasing safety
Gleaners Community Food Banks
Gleaners has expanded their food distribution to help students and families in need during COVID-19. If you need help, please click on Find Help Now. To speak to an operator for emergency food assistance, call 2-1-1. If you are unable to reach Michigan 2-1-1 by dialing directly, call the statewide toll-free number: 1-844-875-9211. For more information, please log onto www.gcfb.org.
According to the Detroit News, Gleaners Community Food Bank is partnering with the city of Detroit to provide locations for families with children to receive groceries. Families can pick up groceries at the following locations and associated dates, times:
- Roberto Clemente Recreation Center (2631 Bagley Street)
- 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. every other Wednesday starting March 25
- Heilmann Recreation Center (19601 Crusade Street)
- 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. every other Thursday starting March 26
- Coleman A. Young Recreation Center (2751 Robert Bradby Drive)
- 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. every other Saturday starting March 29
- Butzel Family Center, 7737 Kercheval
- 9:00 am – 12:00 PM, Every other Monday starting March 30
No Kid Hungry: Text "FOOD" to 877-877
No Kid Hungry
No Kid Hungry runs a summer meals texting service. The service is free, and open to anyone. A parent, grandparent or caregiver can simply text the word “FOOD” to 877-877 and the system prompts them to provide their address or zip code, which is used to provide the location and service times of up to three nearby summer meals sites. For additional information, log onto www.nokidhungry.org.