Guidelines for Emailing the Board of Education
The Board of Education encourages input and feedback from the Oak Park community. Although we encourage community members to email us, there are opportunities for public comment at our official Board of Education meetings. If you choose to contact the Board of Education via email, please note the following:
If you email the Board of Education via the messaging system available on the website, all Board members will receive your email.
- The Board president or designee may respond to your email on behalf of the Board of Education.
- If your email concerns a daily operation issue, it will be forwarded to the Superintendent or her designee for a response.
- Unless an email addresses an issue protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or is otherwise protected from disclosure, emails to the Board of Education or its individual members are considered to be public comment and may often be shared with others as the Board of Education deems appropriate or otherwise required.
- If you choose to email a specific Board of Education member, please include your phone number for a response. If the Board of Education member chooses to respond via email, although not obligated to, your email may be carbon copied to all members of the Board of Education and the Superintendent or her designee.
- It is highly encouraged that members of the community utilize the Oak Park School District Communication Protocol to resolve daily operational concerns to receive a response in a timely manner.
For additional information, please contact Pat Greer, Board of Education Secretary at 248.336.7700 or email@example.com.