2020 Strategic Plan
The Board of Education and the Superintendent are launching a new initiative to guide Oak Park Schools through a 3-5 year Strategic Plan. The purpose of this initiative is to help us develop new goals and strategies for continuing to offer an excellent education for our students, while using scarce public education resources in the most effective and efficient way.
Stakeholder feedback is an important part of the planning process. Community members, parents, students, teachers and all district staff members will have the opportunity to give input on the strengths of the district, opportunities for improvement, barriers for implementation, and their vision for the district.
Stakeholder Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OakPark2020SP
Stakeholder input, along with essential district data, provides the basis for the district to choose approximately five priority goals to be implemented over the next three to five years.
The benefits of the strategic planning process are many. Most notable are:
- It provides integrated, important input from community and staff
- It presents a succinct and graphic picture of the district's current status
- It sets focused strategic goals that identify target areas to improve student achievement
- It clearly delineates the role of the Board of Education and the superintendent/staff in strategic planning
- It uses data to set goals and make important decisions
- It helps identify areas to allocate increasingly scarce resources
- It aligns Board priorities with school improvement processes
Partner with us!