Points of Pride
Health, Wellness & Safety
- Comprehensive student assemblies, including on topics of character, kindness, and social skills
- Before & after school Latchkey
- Free breakfast and lunch for all students
- Dental cleaning services for all students, twice a year
- Vision and hearing screenings each year
- Positive Behavior Intervention & Support (PBIS) program with weekly and monthly rewards
- Black History Month celebration
- Student assemblies throughout the school year
- March is Reading Month activities
- Honor Roll Recognition assemblies
- Book Fairs three times a year
- School Concerts throughout the school year
- Student of the Month Recognition
- Technology integrated into daily instruction
- Access to multiple educational websites at school and home
- After school tutorial support
- Full day Kindergarten
- Full day Pre-school, including Head Start and the Great Start Readiness Program GSRP (Monday through Thursday)
- Over 75,000 books in our media centers
- Leveled libraries in every classroom
- Laptop carts in every classroom
- Restorative Practices used in classrooms, K-5
- Monthly PTSA/Title 1 Parent Workshops
- Monthly Title 1 informational newsletters
- Volunteer Grandparent Program
- PreK & Kindergarten Round Up
Pepper Elementary School values:
- Grade-level collaboration, including data teams/Professional Learning Communities (PLC), to provide students with high quality instruction.
- Use of innovative opportunities to promote student achievement.
- Embrace and accept all members of our community.
Our Success Goals
Pepper Elementary School Goals for Success:
- Effectively meet and challenge the diverse needs of today’s students.
- Provide parents opportunities to actively participate in their child’s education.
- Maintain a safe and secure academic setting.
- Nurture a spirit of cohesiveness, tolerance, cooperation and flexibility.
Points of Pride
88% of Teachers hold a Master's Degree or higher
Advance Placement 22 AP Courses at OPHS
Hoffman Planetarium Visitors to the Hoffman Planetarium can create their own adventure alongside our expert, Mr. Grayling Mercer!
Championship Athletics 7- time MHSAA Division 1 Track & Field State Champions, 2021 National Champions, 2020 Division 2 MHSAA Regional Football Champions