Points of Pride
Health, Wellness & Safety
- Comprehensive student assemblies, including on topics of character, kindness, and social skills
- Before & after school Latchkey
- Free breakfast and lunch for all students
- Dental cleaning services for all students, twice a year
- Vision and hearing screenings each year
- Positive Behavior Intervention & Support (PBIS) program with weekly and monthly rewards
- Black History Month celebration
- Student assemblies throughout the school year
- March is Reading Month activities
- Honor Roll Recognition assemblies
- Book Fairs three times a year
- School Concerts throughout the school year
- Student of the Month Recognition
- Technology integrated into daily instruction
- Access to multiple educational websites at school and home
- After school tutorial support
- Full day Kindergarten
- Full day Pre-school, including Head Start and the Great Start Readiness Program GSRP (Monday through Thursday)
- Over 75,000 books in our media centers
- Leveled libraries in every classroom
- Laptop carts in every classroom
- Restorative Practices used in classrooms, K-5
- Monthly PTSA/Title 1 Parent Workshops
- Monthly Title 1 informational newsletters
- Volunteer Grandparent Program
- PreK & Kindergarten Round Up
Pepper Elementary School values:
- Grade-level collaboration, including data teams/Professional Learning Communities (PLC), to provide students with high quality instruction.
- Use of innovative opportunities to promote student achievement.
- Embrace and accept all members of our community.
Our Success Goals
Pepper Elementary School Goals for Success:
- Effectively meet and challenge the diverse needs of today’s students.
- Provide parents opportunities to actively participate in their child’s education.
- Maintain a safe and secure academic setting.
- Nurture a spirit of cohesiveness, tolerance, cooperation and flexibility.
Points of Pride
88% of Teachers hold a Master's Degree or higher
Advance Placement 22 AP Courses at OPHS
Hoffman Planetarium Visitors to the Hoffman Planetarium can create their own adventure alongside our expert, Mr. Grayling Mercer! More...
Championship Athletics 7- time MHSAA Division 1 Track & Field State Champions, 2021 National Champions, 2020 Division 2 MHSAA Regional Football Champions More...