Parent & Student Resources
Supports Offered to Students
Student success is our success as a school. At Einstein, our staff understands that the social emotional needs of students are just as important as their academic needs. To that end, the following supports are in place for all Einstein students:
- Use of Growth Mindset Language: Positive words of encouragement as it relates to academic success – “you just haven’t gotten it yet,” “you can do this.” The language is used by staff members to help students understand that they are valued and can make mistakes.
- Check In, Check Out: Staff members check in with one or two students on a daily basis to discuss goals for their day and check out at the end of the day if the goal(s) have been accomplished.
- Capturing Kids Hearts: The basic prism is to embrace each student as they enter the classroom with a hello, a high five, or a greeting that acknowledges them as an individual. The acknowledgement continues throughout the school day as well as when students leave the classroom.
- Restorative Practices: All humans are hardwired to connect. Just as we need food, shelter and clothing, human beings also need strong and meaningful relationships to thrive Restorative practices is an emerging social science that studies how to strengthen relationships between individuals as well as social connections within communities (IIRP, 2019). To learn more about Restorative Practices, click on the hotlink.
- Social Work Support: At Einstein, there is a general education and specialized student services social worker on staff. They support students that need one-on-one or group support to discuss concerns, issues and/or problems. Parent consent is required.
Points of Pride
88% of Teachers hold a Master's Degree or higher
Advance Placement 22 AP Courses at OPHS
Hoffman Planetarium Visitors to the Hoffman Planetarium can create their own adventure alongside our expert, Mr. Grayling Mercer!
Championship Athletics 7- time MHSAA Division 1 Track & Field State Champions, 2021 National Champions, 2020 Division 2 MHSAA Regional Football Champions