Board of Education
Role of the Board of Education
The Board of Education is responsible for the oversight of mandatory laws stipulated by Michigan Compliance Statutes and Federal Laws and Regulations relating to schools and school districts. The role of the Board of Education involves three primary responsibilities:
1. Adopting policies
2. Adopting the budget
3. Selecting & evaluating the Superintendent
Board of Education Goals
- Focus on academic achievement. The goal is to focus on improving student performance and academic growth.
- Maintain clean, orderly, and structured learning environments for all students and staff.
- Sustain a collaborative and supportive working relationship between the Board of Education and Superintendent.
- Support and encourage communication and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders (students, staff, parents, business and community members).
- Maintain the student enrollment at a level that supports district programming, financial solvency, and cash flow.
- Maintain a system of checks and balances for district financials.
- Review Board of Education policies and by-laws annually.
Board of Education Secretary