We are extremely proud of our many graduates!
There is something about Oak Park!
Known as "The Family City," our small, close knit community has produced many graduates over the years.
We have found our graduates are proud to be from Oak Park, and tend to celebrate it via social media, yearly gatherings at Shepherd Park, alumni associations, or simply by keeping in touch with each other.
Our graduates are proud to proclaim "I am Oak Park" and discuss their favorite memories of teachers, programs, classes, restaurants, shops, and, of course, bakeries.
Below are some of our more notable graduates:
- Jamie Arnold, retired American-Israeli professional basketball player
- Vincent Chin – industrial draftsman whose death was a catalyst for stronger hate crime legislation
- Jeffrey David Sachs – American economist and Director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University
- Don Was – Musician, bassist and record producer – Was (Not Was)
- Marcella Detroit – Vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter – Shakespears Sister
- Doug Fieger – Singer-songwriter-musician – The Knack
- Ron Suresha – Author and editor
- Bass Brothers (Eminem)
- Andrew Lippa – Composer
- Jeffrey Seller – Producer, Rent
- Les Gold – Founder of American Jewelry and Loan; star of Hardcore Pawn
- John Kelly – American football running back
- Edwin Baker – NFL Running Back
- Bruce Seid - Major League Baseball scout and executive
- Jemel Hence - Author and Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
- Crystal Bailey, Oak Park School Board Trustee - Owner and Co Founder of Walk Fashion Show LLC - International Fashion Show Producer http://www.walkfashionshow.com
- Judge Gerald Rosen, known as the judge who helped save Detroit from bankruptcy.
- Geoffrey Fieger, attorney
Note: The links above go to Wikipedia. The Oak Park School District is not responsible for the content on Wikipedia or any inaccuracies that may be found on that site.