Welcome to Oak Park High School
Do you have questions?
Please communicate with us by following our OPS Communication Protocol. Doing so, will allow us to respond ASAP.
Health, Safety & Arrival/Dismissal Procedures - please read!
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
8:00 AM - 2:53 PM
Oak Park High School
13701 Oak Park Blvd.
Oak Park, MI 48237
Oak Park High School Administration
Welcome Back OPHS families!
We are excited to welcome back students and families to the 2022-2023 school year! As we embark on the upcoming school year we want to share our commitment that this year will be a year of rigorous and engaging work within our classrooms. I want to emphasize our pledge to create and maintain a safe environment for our students and community.
OPHS has made many changes to our security plans that will foster a safe and healthy environment. In addition to the new security camera system, we will have 12 dedicated security officers throughout our building. Each officer has undergone extensive training this summer to ensure we are prepared to support our students. Lastly, OPHS has a renewed partnership with Oak Park Public Safety that will include daily walkthroughs in our school.
DROP OFF / PICK UP:
All students will be dropped off in the student-visitor parking lot. Drivers will enter through gate 1 and follow the traffic cones to the student drop-off lane, once the student is dropped off the driver will exit gate 2.
Parents and family members picking up students, please be advised that there is no parking on Oak Park Blvd from the student parking lot driveway up to the exit of the circular drive. The circular drive is for emergency vehicles only.
ENTERING THE BUILDING:
All students and visitors will enter the building through the student entrance, DOOR 28. Students must have a school-issued photo ID to enter the building. Once the student shows ID they will move to the next door where they will pass through metal detectors and have their bag checked. Next, the student will go into the cafeteria for breakfast and be released from the cafeteria at 7:55 a.m.
DRESS CODE UPDATES:
Students may not wear the following:
- Full face masks (including gaiter masks)
- Hoodies on their heads
- Any top that shows a bare midriff (e.g., no crop tops, bralettes or sheer/lace tops)
- Excessively ripped or torn clothing. No cut-off shorts. No holes above the mid-thigh area.
- Clothing with obscene language, sexual innuendo, or references to drugs or alcohol. Clothing that harasses or defames individuals or groups of people.
The wonderful OPHS staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to an excellent school year!
Principal | Oak Park High School
OPHS Class of 2022 - Graduation
OPHS I.C.A.R.E. Volunteers Needed
OPHS is looking for parent, guardian, alumni, and community volunteers to ensure a safe student arrival and dismissal. Click HERE to visit OPHS - I.C.A.R.E. Volunteer webpage.
OPHS Important Events 2022-2023
8/23/2022 - 9th Grade Orientation and New Enrollees @ 5:00pm
8/24/2022 - 10th Grade Orientation @ 12pm-3pm
8/25/2022 - 11th & 12th Grade Orientation @ 12pm-3pm
8/30/2022 - Make-up day for ID Pictures & Schedules
9/6/2022 - First Day of School
9/27/2022 - Curriculum Night @ 6:00pm
OPHS Social-Emotional Support
If your child needs social-emotional support or help navigating their schedule, please contact the appropriate support staff.
- 9th Grade: Ms. Taylor email@example.com
- 10th Grade: Mrs. Tannille Winston-McCrary firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11th Grade: Ms. Tillman email@example.com
- 12th Grade: Ms. Barnett firstname.lastname@example.org
School Social Workers
- 9th & 10th Grade School Social Worker: Ms. Clark email@example.com
- 11th & 12th Grade School Social Worker: Mrs. LaMar-Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Services Social Worker
- 9th - 10th Grade School Social Worker: Ms. Long email@example.com
- 11th - 12th Grade School Social Worker: Mrs. Holbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Services School Psychologist
- 9th - 12th Grade School Psychologist Ms. Thomas email@example.com
School Based Health Center Behavioral Health Counselor
- K - 12th Grade Behavioral Health Counselor Darryl Allen, LPC firstname.lastname@example.org | 248-398-0199
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or proceed to your nearest emergency room or urgent care. For mental health emergencies, please call Common Ground, a 24-hour Resource and Crisis Helpline at 1-800-231-1127.