Obtaining Technology Assistance
The Technology Department strives to provide quick, responsive services. We proudly support the District infrastructure, including data network, phone systems, electronic whiteboards, projectors, tablets, desktops, and laptops. If you require our assistance on any of these, please create a Help Desk ticket by following the link below.
Use the Technology Help Desk to request many district services:
- Technology Requests
- Computer Repairs
- Maintenance and Custodial Requests
- Audio Visual Requests
- Cable Channel 17 Requests
AV equipment will be looked at by our AV team. This includes overhead projectors, sound systems, microphones.
Please submit a Technology Help Desk ticket for these requests as well.
For questions, please contact:
Forms and Documents
2012-2015 Technology Plan (Began July 1, 2012) - Download our (previous) Technology Plan
Just a bit about the technology
Our previous Technology Plan (above) gives a detailed view of how the District planning, and Technology committee brought us to our current state. Our Tech Plan is now a part of our Strategic Plan, which is why you won’t see a new one here, but we are proud to offer examples below of some of the great technology we offer our students:
- 21st Century Classrooms featuring Promethean Interactive Panels/Boards in every core classroom District wide
- 1-to-1 Laptop program in each Elementary, and Middle for 1-9th Grade!
- iPads in each Kindergarten Classsroom
- OPHS Core English and Math classes have a 1-to-1 laptop program. Science, Social Studies, and other programs have shared laptop carts and labs
- Document cameras, projectors, laptops available for classroom usage
- Tablets in select programs throughout the District
- 9 Computer Labs in OPHS
- 5 Computer Labs in OPPA
- 2 Computer labs in each elementary
Software and Technology Sites
The Oak Park School District uses a multitude of software packages and websites for both instruction and enrichment. Some of our most notable products are below:
The Oak Park School District will create an environment that is rich in technology, to support the successful application of knowledge, tools, and skills to solve problems using a variety of media to extend academic and occupational capabilities.
The Oak Park School District, working with families and the community, will educate and empower every student to succeed as responsible participants in a diverse 21st century society
The following goals will be used to ensure we will implement our Technology vision
- The Oak Park School District will work diligently to ensure complete curriculum integration and technological literacy
- The Oak Park School District will work diligently to provide ongoing professional development opportunities
- The Oak Park School District will work diligently to provide stable infrastructure, hardware, technical support, and software assistance
- The Oak Park School District will work diligently to support technology equipment advancement through funding and budgetary allocations
- The Oak Park School District will provide thorough monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum and goals set forth in the technology plan and update them as appropriate