Service Desk and Ticket Creation
Obtaining Technology Assistance
The Technology Service Desk, serviced by Oakland Schools, strives to provide quick, responsive services. We proudly support the District infrastructure, including data network, phone systems, electronic whiteboards, projectors, tablets, desktops, and laptops.
How to Obtain Technology Assistance:
There are three ways to obtain assistance: Login and create a ticket, online chat, or call the Service Desk.
Log into the Service Desk system here to create a service desk request. Select the area that best describes the help you need. Enter the information specified on the form. NOTE: The fields on the form vary, based on the type of request selected. Include attachments with information that may be helpful for the request. Click “Create”!
Start a Chat Session by accessing the Service Desk Request page here. Once at the page, a link to start a chat will appear in the lower right corner of the screen during normal business hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday.
Call the Service Desk at 248-209-2060 to speak to a representative
Forms and Documents
2012-2015 Technology Plan (Began July 1, 2012) - Download our (previous) Technology Plan
Just a bit about the technology
Our previous Technology Plan (above) is presented for archival purposes. Our Tech Plan is now a part of our global Strategic Plan, but we are proud to offer examples below of some of the great technology we offer our students:
- 21st Century Classrooms featuring Promethean Interactive Panels and audio enhancement in every core classroom District wide
- 2-to-1 Chromebook program in all buildings
- iPads in each Kindergarten Classroom
- Document cameras and Zoom available to each Teacher
- Tablets in select programs throughout the District
Software and Technology Sites
The Oak Park School District uses a multitude of software packages and websites for both instruction and enrichment. Some of our most notable products are below, however this list is ever growing to support remote learning
- Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite
- Brain POP Jr
- Carnegie Learning
- Education 2020
- Google Education Suite
- Promethean Planet
- RAZ Kids
- Study Island
Online Learning Resources
For our latest online learning information, please see our Online Learning Resources Page
The Oak Park School District will create an environment that is rich in technology, to support the successful application of knowledge, tools, and skills to solve problems using a variety of media to extend academic and occupational capabilities.
The Oak Park School District, working with families and the community, will educate and empower every student to succeed as responsible participants in a diverse 21st century society
The following goals will be used to ensure we will implement our Technology vision
- The Oak Park School District will work diligently to ensure complete curriculum integration and technological literacy
- The Oak Park School District will work diligently to provide ongoing professional development opportunities
- The Oak Park School District will work diligently to provide stable infrastructure, hardware, technical support, and software assistance
- The Oak Park School District will work diligently to support technology equipment advancement through funding and budgetary allocations
- The Oak Park School District will provide thorough monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum and goals set forth in the technology plan and update them as appropriate